Thursday, June 08, 2006

The good, the bad, and the reality check

I've been working on my mother's day present to me. I love Olympic yarn from Artful and if I'm not careful, I will own a sweater in each of the colors.

It's a beautiful sweater isn't it? I love the wrap sweaters, I thought that they are flattering on every body type. I already used this color for a long sleeved tunic a couple of months ago, so I chose Rome this time.








Stunning, isn't it. And imagine it layered with a lavender tank-- it it truly stunning. I had to try it on, I had to admire my mother's day present...............................

Damn! Yep, that really is me. I guess me and Billy Blanks will become very close friends in the near future because I am repulsed by this image. How could I do this to such a beautiful sweater?

Moving on..........................................
This is going to be occupying my every waking moment until complete:

Not because I am in desperate need to knit mindless simplicity with bland vanilla yarn, but because I have a desperate need for the finished project. You see, at Christmas time my boss gave me a gift certificate for my favorite of all favorite stores, Urban Outfiters, and as luck would have it I'd been eyeing a skirt there. I snapped up that skirt like no ones business, not thinking for a moment that I wouldn't have anything in my closet that would really make this amazing skirt pop. After all, what woman doesn't have an over abundance of black or white?

I forgot the main rule of fashion, not only does it have to be the right color, but it has to be the prefect style too-- leading me to dismiss every item in my closet as just not quite right.

So bland vanilla mindless knitting I am resolved to, until I am a hair shy of clinically insane or until I can wear my skirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home